IITA Recruitment: Mechanic III (Water Treatment Plant)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Mechanic III (Water Treatment Plant) at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carry out maintenance and repairs at water treatment plant, swimming pool plant, sewage treatment plant and pumping stations;
- Install and maintain multi – vertical turbine and surface pumps and blowers
- Maintain associated appliance such as aerators, compressors and valves;
- Install and maintain carbon filters, sand filters ,sedimentation tanks and reservoirs;
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
OND/Trade Test in Mechanical Engineering or related field plus (5) years relevant post-qualification working experience.
The candidate must:
- Must have a very good knowledge of general repairs, fittings and plumbing
- Must have a very good knowledge of water treatment
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be honest and hardworking;
- Be a good team player and be able to follow instructions;
- Be able to work under pressure, shift and overtime
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/nrs-online-application.
Closing Date: 28th May 2013