Saro Agrosciences Limited is the leader in the Nigerian Crop Protection industry. We are a wholly indigenous company, committed to the provision of dependable solutions to crop production problems in a distinctive, rewarding and responsible way. We have our head office located in Ibadan and offices across in Nigeria as well as in some West and Central African Countries.
Saro Agro Sciences Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Crop Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
The Crop Manager is responsible for the ideation and coordination of activities aimed at entrenching the company’s products targeted at a specific group of Crops under his purview i.e. his/her Mandate Crops.
- The incumbent will Setup, Lead and Train a team of Saro Extension Agents who will work with Farmers of the mandate crops at the farm level to ensure an experiential introduction of the relevant Products, Processes and Knowledge to the farmers which will lead to Trial, Adoption and the achievement of the Sales Targets for these products.
- The incumbent will also lead the company’s collaborative activities with relevant CPP R&D Companies, Suppliers of Complementary Products, Multi-lateral Aid Agencies, NGO, and Governmental Agencies who have ongoing engagement programs with farmers of his/her mandate crops within his territory.
Special Skulls & Key Behavioral Competences
- Great interest in Agric Development
- Technically sound
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak Hausa will be an advantage.
- Willing and ready to work anywhere
- Initiative: Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Integrity: Being honest and ethical
- Leadership: Willingness to lead, take charge and offer opinions and direction
BSc in Agronomy or related course with interest in Farmers engagement program
Required Age: 24 – 30
Application Closing Date:
20th August, 2014
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should mail in their Curriculum Vitae and brief profile electronically (in excel format below) to: firstname.lastname@example.org