Ekiti State College of Agriculture and Technology – The College was established in the year 2014 as College of Technical and Commercial Agriculture at Isan-Ekiti by Dr. Kayode Fayemi led Government of Ekiti-State with focus on middle-level manpower development in the Agricultural sector, Having considered the shift of Nigeria focus on Oil to Agriculture for economic growth, the College pose to fill the gap of the diversification by training and producing a graduate who will be verse in Agricultural and Technological knowledge needed to do great exploit in the sector.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
Location: Isan-Ekiti, Ekiti
- The Librarian is a Principal Officer of the College.
- He is responsible to the Rector for the day to day administration, coordination and control of the Library of the institution.
Qualifications and Experience
The prospective candidate must:
- Possess a good Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized institution of Higher learning plus membership of relevant professional body with at least 18 years post qualification cognate experience. Possession of a higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Publication in reputable journal is mandatory
- Candidates must be very proficient in Digital and Automated Library systems and contemporary applications deployment as well as web literacy and Digital Information management.
- Have occupied the position of a Chief Librarian for a period of not less than 3 years in an institution of higher learning.
- Should not be more than 60 years of age by 1st October, 2020.
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health with evidence from a government Hospital.
- The librarian must be a person of proven integrity.
- He must be intellectually and professionally sound and knowledgeable in the rules and regulations of the polytechnic system.
- Also, he must be versed in the Public Service Rules and Regulations.
- He must be able to assist the Rector and the Governing council in formulating sound Library policies.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be for a single tenure of 5 years only.
Conditions of Service:
- The conditions of this post is as same as obtained in all similar institutions in the country.
Salary and other Benefits
- The salary attached to the position is as applicable in other Polytechnics. Also, the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the State Government / Governing Council and as applicable to the office of a Principal Officer of the college.
Application Closing Date
28th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their credentials and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the following information:
- Names in full (Surname first)
- Date and Place of Birth
- Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current contact address with Telephone Number (s) and email
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic and / or Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of relevant Professional Bodies
- Previous Employment including Post, Date and Salary
- Present Employment including Post, Date and Salary
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees (Educational Employment / Personal).
Candidates should forward the soft copy and fifteen hard copies of their Application and CV as well as photocopies of relevant credentials in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of College Librarian” on the top left hand side to reach:
Ekiti State College of Agriculture and Technology,
P.M.B. 374, Isan-Ekiti,
Ekiti State, Nigeria.
- Candidates should request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the office of the registrar on or before the closing date of this advert.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.