Strategic Workforce Solutions is a Human Resources Consulting firm which specialises in Recruitment, Onboarding, Training and providing Strategic Intelligence to businesses.
We are currently recruiting qualified candidates for our client based in Abuja to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agribusiness Coordinator
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise on state-specific challenges related to the challenges and opportunities for improvements in the business enabling environment, access to agribusiness finance, and opportunities for agribusiness investment.
- Serve as the primary lead generator for investment and financial transactions
- Organize forums and meetings, including but not limited to project launches, policy reform focus groups, and agribusiness lending stakeholder roundtables, with Nigerian government officials, business associations, business development service providers, investors, financial institutions, and SME’s at the State level.
- Ensure stakeholders and beneficiaries are aware of and interested in collaborating with the project, resulting in the project’s ability to capitalize on any shared efficiencies.
- Develop a strong understanding of the legal, regulatory, and other barriers constraining agribusiness finance and investment in each value chain, and in association with the Enabling Environment Unit, actively contribute to the development of a clear and coherent vision for the reduction of these barriers.
- Backstop and support domestic and international short-term specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree orhigher in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or another related field;
- At least (3 – 5) years of relevant, progressively responsible experience is required;
- Experience in agricultural finance and in working with MSMEs, financial institutions, and investors;
- Proven track record in developing, analyzing, and implementing projects focused on agribusinesses, agricultural finance, and agricultural value chains;
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating private-sector investments and familiarity with the workings of government legal and regulatory frameworks at the State level;
- Experience in overseeing and working with short-term domestic and international specialists;
- Able to maintain a rigorous focus on project deliverables, indicators and results, including being able to engage stakeholders to capitalize on any shared efficiencies;
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation or MEL processes; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (knowledge of local languages is an advantage).
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Role applied for as subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.