Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) – The fastest growing private university in Africa was established solely as an agent of transforming education in Nigeria. It is designed to be a reference point for other universities on planning, environment, aesthetic structures, furniture, teaching aid and quality education.
Applications are invited for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Lecturer (Agriculture)
Location: Ekiti State
Qualification and Experienced
- Candidate applying for the post of Senior Lecturer must possess a PhD with at least 6 years teaching and cognate experience supported with a suitable number of publications and ICT proficiency.
- Be disciplined, dedicated, loyal and well dressed.
- Be ready to imbibe ABUAD’S philosophy to reform Education by example.
- Have the ability for team-work and have a high level of human relation skills.
- Salary and allowances which are personal and negotiable are higher than Federal Government Consolidated Unitary Salary Structure. Salary increment is based on productivity and contribution to the development of the University.
Retirement, Pension and Other Welfare Schemes
- The University operates a contributory Pension Fund as enacted by the Act of the National Assembly. It is mandatory for all tenure staff to take part in the contributory pension scheme.
- The University shall pay 71/2 of the staff monthly basic salary to the pension fund while the staff shall pay 71/12 towards the fund. The University also has in place insurance scheme for all staff. a staff shall not be hindered by the University from drawing from the pension and insurance schemes irrespective of the service status of the University.
- In addition, the University offers highly subsidized accommodation facilities for staff on the campus with adequate water and electric supply, sports and recreational facilities in a quiet and serene environment.
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
1.) You will be required to upload your application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and other credentials in a single document (in either doc or pdf format)
2.) Your Curriculum Vitae is expected to contain the following information among others:
- Full Name (surname first in capital letters)
- Post applied for
- Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit)
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address including mobile telephone number
- Marital status
- Number of children and their ages
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/professional qualifications (attach copies of credentials)
- Work experience with dates
- Present employment status and salary
- Conference/courses attended (state title of papers presented if any)
- Professional accomplishments with Research interest and activities
- Publications with dates
- Service to national and or international bodies
- Extra-curricular activities
- Any physical challenge?
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with candidates/work experience one of which must be the head of department or Dean/Provost of the applicant.