We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Director, Africa Investment Forum
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50092350
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General); Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat).
The Hiring Department
- The Office of the President assists the President in planning, supervising and managing the business of the Bank Group.
- The Office of the President monitors, coordinates and supervises the implementation of various Bank programs including administrative issues relating to Directors reporting to the Office of the President; prepares and organizes the President’s missions and represents the Bank, in line with the President’s instructions, at international conferences and meetings and on working missions to member countries; prepares and organizes meetings with Bank’s Senior Management, and facilitates follow-up on the decisions of these meetings; reviews, evaluates and gives advice on communication and interaction between the Presidency and the various organs of the Bank; ensures the effective and timely implementation of Board and Management decisions; provides effective administrative and logistic support to facilitate implementation of the President’s programs; and prepares, monitors and submits summaries of audit reports to the President and follows up on the implementation of the recommendations of the reports.
- The Office of the President is responsible for providing support and assisting the President in planning, supervising and managing the business of the Bank Group.
- The Africa Investment Forum is a meeting place between international investors interested in Africa, African investors, both institutional and corporates with concrete investment objectives, Development Financial Institutions and selected government leaders to work out ways to boost private sector investments in Africa.
- The Africa Investment Forum showcases bankable private and Public-private Partnership projects, attracts financing, provides platforms for investing across multiple countries and will enable serious discussions around advancing specific projects and transactions.
- It also serves as a unique forum for international business and social impact investors looking to transact and deploy funds in Africa and act as an avenue for connecting investors with both private sector and public-private partnership projects throughout the continent.
- The Africa Investment Forum is a place to yearly take stock of ongoing efforts and to make new commitments and deals as well as to raise awareness about the investment opportunities in Africa and track the implementation of commitments to ensure transactions reach financial close.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the President, the Senior Director, Africa Investment Forum will:
- Drive and support the inception and rollout of the Africa Investment Forums.
- Direct a small direct-report team with core responsibility for attracting investments through the Africa Investment Forum.
- Work with all complexes and teams across the Bank to nurture and actualize their plans to attract investment and project funding as needed, and develop a robust project pipeline across all sectors.
- Work with partner organizations such as development banks and bilateral aid agencies to develop a joint platform to developing a robust project pipeline across all their sectors and attracting investments in Africa.
- Develop the Africa Investment Forum’ investment Tracker and related key analysis on investment flows in Africa in collaboration with the private sector investment departments.
- Develop cross-house and inter-organizational processes for the identification and preparation of a robust pipeline of bankable projects and investment opportunities around the year to feed into the Africa Investment Forum.
- Build an unparalleled database on private investment plans and flows in Africa, with a particular focus on the Africa Investment Forum Deal Tracker, and to then use that information to foster positive change.
- Identify a list of investment opportunities in Africa focused on private and Public-Private Partnership projects.
- Internally, collaborate with all Complexes (Sectors, Regional, Services) and with teams across the Bank as needed to develop the pipeline and relationships needed to make the first full Africa Investment Forum 2018 a success, and continue to do so annually thereafter. In addition, support a number of build-up investment fora on specific sectors (i.e. agriculture, energy) in the run up to the first event.
- Externally, coordinate with key partners in the development space including development banks, bilateral aid donors, and other Africa investment fora to strengthen collaborative efforts rather than duplication to enhance the pipeline of projects and better target investment.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or equivalent in Management Science, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, International Development, or related discipline.
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience at increasingly senior levels in the knowledge sector, financial and multi-lateral Financial Institutions, with proven experience in developing countries and in structuring and developing private and Public-Private Partnership projects, whose five (5) at a management level.
- Experience in private sector business environment and/or financial sector as well as an in interacting with institutional investors is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to lead relevant, meaningful dialogue with proven experience in providing high quality strategic and policy advice at high levels to national governments/private sector entities on financial sector issues.
- Strategic mind-set; strong capacity to analyse actions from the perspectives of stakeholders and translate strategic thinking into compelling plans of action and to take prudent business risks to make effective, timely, and well-thought decisions.
- Evidence of ability to build and lead motivated and committed teams across functional boundaries, and utilize talent and expertise of team members in a productive way.
- Demonstrated ability to present and win support for ideas; a good listener; and cultural sensitivity, commitment to diversity and capacity to initiate and manage innovations and change.
- Resource mobilization and Partnerships strengthening.
- Good knowledge of financing instruments and options.
- Strong convening power and techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online