Project Awake Vacancies: Zonal Agric Officer, Power Liaison Officers and Internal Control Officer
Project AWAKE is an Agricultural Women Empowerment Project designed to promote sustainable economic development in our communities through a gender focused intervention strategy. The goal of the Project is to reduce poverty and hunger in Cross River State communities (MDG1), promote gender equality (MDG3), empower women and create at least 4,000 women Agribusiness owners or Agripreneurs.
As part of the strategic implementation plan, The Project needs the services of the following professionals to fill vacant positions:
1. ZONAL AGRIC OFFICER
- Assist the Agricultural Project Coordinator in identifying genuine eligible loan beneficiaries at the Zonal level;
- Provide agricultural technical assistance/advisories to beneficiaries;
- Undertake effective Project monitoring and evaluation;
- Assist the beneficiaries succeed in their various agribusinesses.
- HND/B.Sc. in Agric. Extension, Agric Economics, Crop Production or any related agricultural discipline;
- Not less than 3 years cognate work experience in an agricultural establishment.
- Knowledge of statistical tools for agricultural and M&E reporting and analysis would be an advantage.
2. POWER LIAISON OFFICERS
- Liaise between the Zonal Agric Officer, the Local Governments and the various Project partners in their coverage area and serve as a medium for sharing information about the Project in their LGAs;
- Conduct regular meetings with community members to educate and obtain feedback on program
Mobilize community support and participation and act as a mentor throughout the planning and implementation processes;
Work with the Department of Cooperatives to guide the formation of viable Cooperatives.
- A degree or advanced diploma or equivalent from a recognized university in a relevant field;
- At least three years work experience in a community development position;
- Willingness to undertake regular field trips and interact with different stakeholders within their LGAs;
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of MS office suite is desirable.
3. INTERNAL CONTROL OFFICER
- Develop and implement the auditing and compliance programs;
- Conduct and direct audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations;
- Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation;
- Serve as liaison for all external audit and regulatory agencies
- A relevant degree from a recognized university or its equivalent in Finance or Accounting;
- A good understanding of rural and agricultural development;
- A strong commitment to participatory processes, joint management and gender issues.
Method of application
Applications should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org