Catholic Relief Services is the official agency of the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops for relief and development assistance overseas.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) will like to request application from suitably qualified candidates to fill positions
Job Tide: Nutrition Program Manager, SVH Project
Band: Band D-1
Reports to: Technical Program Director
Based in: Abuja, Nigeria
- Works closely with STTAs and responsible for ensuring CSOs adherence to technical standards
- With CSOs, the Nutrition PM will implement a social and behavior change strategy that is grounded in local context by formative research, uses multiple channels, and targets various audiences for widespread impact
- The Nutrition PM will use a comprehensive social and behavior change strategy to improve knowledge, build skills and reduce barriers to adoption of key nutrition and hygiene practices.
- In conjunction with activities to improve crop production, the Nutrition PM will support increased production of vegetables for vitamin A andiron, and chicken/eggs for animal source protein and iron.
- S/he will develop recipes and identify in-home food preservation (e.g. fruit drying) methods for locally available high-nutrient family and weaning foods.
- S/he will work with the FMOH and the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) to develop a curriculum and train CSO staff and VEAs in basic nutrition, including which foods are nutritious, and home gardening
- S/he will implement Community. Led Total Sanitation (CLTS), which engages communities in a self-led sanitation profile designed to trigger a response of disgust, and subsequent behavior change to end open defecation.
- With CSOs, the Nutrition PM will establish and train new WASH committees to monitor rehabilitation, assess sanitary and environmental risk, conduct maintenance and small repairs, and manage water collection fees and budgets.
- S/he will engage the (Catholic) Justice Development and Peace Commission (JDPC), Jamatul Nasril Islam (3M) and FOMWAN to develop training and job aides that help male and female religious leaders (Christian and Islamic) incorporate key nutrition and hygiene information in their sermons by linking key promoted practices to religious teachings.
- S/he will leverage USAID’s ongoing investments in basic education, and project investments in youth development to support positive nutrition and hygiene behaviors among youth — particularly adolescent girls.
- S/he will work with non-formal learning centers, Islamic and Koranic schools, to review existing curricula and develop teaching materials that reflect life-skills based acquisition of nutrition and hygiene skills and train teachers in their use.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Masters degree in Nutrition, Food Science or related field.
- Five years of working experience in agriculture, nutrition. WASH or food security program
- Understanding of U.S Government grant provisions and guidelines, including proposal formats and reporting requirements.
- Capacity to work closely, understand, and support local Church partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of USAID and Caritas agencies preferred
- Strong computer skills Word, Excel, Outlook. PowerPoint preferred
- Experience in staff development and partner capacity preferred
- Knowledge of CRS program quality standards
- Demonstrated commitment to improving gender equality and gender responsiveness in programming and operations.
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships required. Demonstrated capacity and experience with institutional strengthening of local civil society and government agencies.
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently.
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility.
- Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others.
- Understanding 0f and experience with faith-based organizations, local church structures, and accompaniment and capacity-building principles in local partnerships highly desired.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills required. Knowledge of Hausa language is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 60% of time.
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 7th August, 2013
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should Click here to download the CRS Application Form,after filling the form, send it with a detailed CV as attached MS Word documents to:email@example.com
Applicants must explicitly state the position applied for in the CRS application form and in the subject of their email e.g. Driver – Enugu
Only applications sent hi the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.