Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
- We are seeking a mid-to-senior level Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) consultant who can lead program evaluation activities for a Rockefeller Foundation-funded Agricultural Development Program in Northern Nigeria.
- The Program, based in Kano, seeks to reduce post-harvest loss at the farmer and transit-to-market levels in the Nigerian tomato value chain.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support on M&E to relevant PYXERA Global’s program managers, partners, and field teams;
- Assist in or lead designing, coordinating, and conducting program baseline, mid-term, and end-line evaluations;
- Assist with or lead designing and testing tools and systems for M&E data collection;
- Assist in or lead selection of local evaluation firms or enumerators to conduct program evaluations;
- Act as a liaison between local evaluation firms and PYXERA Global;
- Deploy to program sites to supervise enumerator training, sampling, tool piloting, and field data collection by local evaluation firms or enumerators;
- Lead or support PYXERA Global and its partners with data coding & cleaning;
- Lead or support PYXERA Global and its partners with data analysis and reporting.
- Report directly to the Deputy Director and collaborate with the M&E team.
Sector & Technical Expertise:
- Agriculture, particularly in northern Nigeria.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field;
- Minimum 5-year evaluation experience with an international development organization;
- Knowledge of program monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Understanding of current M&E trends, data collection, management and analysis systems & technologies in a development organization;
- Proven experience with international program evaluation design, data collection, management and analysis;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment;
- Self-motivated, able to work without close supervision;
- Experience managing local enumerators or evaluation firms in data collection, processing and analysis;
- Nigerian national preferred.
Application Closing Date
19th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume, cover letter, three references and a sample of your writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line of the email please write “M&E Consultant Nigeria”
Note: Applications without the above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.