We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Officer
- Under the leadership of the Food for Peace Program Manager, the Market Officer (MO) is responsible for the daily project activities in her/his geographic location, while maintaining relationships with local partner staff as well as vendors and beneficiaries.
- The MO, in collaboration with the local partner, will lead and validate vendor selection, ensure compliance with voucher methodology, collect data as guided by the M&E Officer and assist the local partners in reporting.
- Coordinate and clearly communicate market team activities
- Provide support to project vendors and market key stakeholders
- Provides feedback on project’s market activities to PM/EC
- Report on project activities and assist local partner to prepare its progress reports to be submitted to CRS
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Social Sciences, Geography or any other relevant equivalent degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in project implementation preferably with an international humanitarian NGO.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection
- Proven experience in group discussions and other participatory methods
- Previous exposure to information and communication technology for development will be a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Willingness to travel about 60% of the time.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: MO280717 e.g. Market Officer: MO280717
- Applications will be accessed on a rolling basis and interviews conducted until all positions are competently filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.