IITA Recruitment: Research Supervisor – 2 year renewable contract (3 position)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the position of Research Supervisor. This position is funded by African Development Bank (AfDB) under the Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC).
The Research Assistants will work as members of the SARD-SC project team in Nigeria
- Preparation of maize seeds for planting
- Planting of maize trials and collection of data
- Supervision and maintenance of trials planted in different locations
- Pollination of maize genotypes as directed
- Harvesting of maize trials and nurseries and processing of seeds for storage
- Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- B.Sc/HND in Crop Production, General Agriculture, Horticulture or related discipline from a reputable university/college/polytechnic
- Minimum experience of three (3) years in a similar position
- Basic knowledge of crop management operations
- Good time management and cropping skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Team player
General information: Initial appointment is for two years. Subsequent renewal of the contract will be decided based on research outputs and productivity, and continued need for the position.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Please complete our online application form using this link:
Closing Date: 28th May 2013