IITA Recruitment: Research Associate (Socio-Economics)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the position of Research Associate (Socio-Economics). This position is funded by African Development Bank (AfDB) under the Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC).
The Research Associate will work as a member of the maize SARD-SC Project team in Nigeria and provide technical support to the team for conduct of socio-economic studies including baseline and impact studies related to maize value-chain.
- Assist scientists in designing of survey instrument
- Carry out socio-economic surveys nationally and across borders where necessary.
- Supervise other support staff in socio-economic unit
- Entering of data and supervision of data entry of by other support staff members.
- Write report as necessary as and when demanded
- Clean and edit data collected from surveys
- Conduct other assignment as assigned by supervisors
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- M.Sc in Agricultural Economics or related field
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in national/international organizations
- Excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office and econometric software such as STATA and SPSS
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and organise workload.
- Ability to take initiative and work under pressure and willingness to work for longer hours where necessary.
- Good team spirit and also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
- Able to work effectively both in teams and independently.
General information: Initial appointment is for two years. Subsequent renewal of the contract will be decided based on research outputs and productivity, and continued need for the position.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/nrs-online-application.
Closing Date: 28th May 2013