IITA Recruitment: Laboratory Analyst (2 year renewable contract)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Laboratory Analystat the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carry out quality control and comprehensive physical, chemical and microbiological analysis of raw water, potable water, swimming pool water and Sewage water at Water treatment plant;
- Carry out Jar test to assist the operators in determine appropriate chemical dosage of raw water;
- Determine quality of chemicals before purchase;
- Initiate purchase of laboratory equipment and reagents;
- Team up with the operators to carry out operation of the plants;
- Generate laboratory reports on daily weekly and monthly basis;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
B.Sc/ HND in Science Laboratory Technology or related field plus three (3) years relevant post-qualification working experience.
The candidate must:
- Must have a very good knowledge of laboratory analysis of water
- Must have a very good knowledge of water treatment plant, swimming and sewage system
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be honest and hardworking;
- Be a good team player and be able to follow instructions;
- Be able to work under pressure.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Please complete our online application form using this link:
Closing Date: 28th May 2013