IITA Recruitment: Assistant Admin Officer – 2 year renewable contract (2 positions)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the position of Assistant Admin Officer. This position is funded by African Development Bank (AfDB) under the Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC).
The Administrative Assistants will work as members of the SARD-SC project team in Nigeria.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Scientists and other member of staff.
- Prepare documents using the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- File management and handling of administrative issues.
- Keep records of support staff and other schedules of scientists records using appropriate record-handling methodology
- Liaise with other units in order to perform assigned tasks and to ensure that objectives and set goals are achieved
- Perform general office administrative duties
- Handle incoming mail, collection, distribution as well as mailing as directed
- Assist in organizing meetings
- Organize and maintain archive for each scientist and his team
- Maintain records of casual and consultant contracts, expense claims and work schedule
- Prepare and assist in material procurement and track purchase orders as requested
- Manage general office assets including requisition, storage and distribution of stationery items Manage scientists schedules (travels, leave-days, etc) and assist with meetings and training logistics
- Prepare Oracle Requests (Travel Authorizations, work-orders etc) and follow up to logical end.
- Manage scientists schedules (travels, leave-days, etc) and assist with meetings and training logistics
- Attend to telephone calls and e-mail corresponded as directed
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the scientist to whom support is being provided
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- B.Sc /HND in Management or Business administration from a reputable
- Minimum experience of 3 years in a similar position
- Basic knowledge of Accounting.
- Good organization and planning skills with effective time management skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office packages.
- Knowledge of immigration and visa procedures
- Knowledge of work processes in international organizations
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Team player
General information: Initial appointment is for two years. Subsequent renewal of the contract will be decided based on research outputs and productivity, and continued need for the position.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/nrs-online-application.
Closing Date: 28th May 2013